Wednesday, August 30, 2006

What Men Want (at least some of us)

I've always liked women that did not, I repeat-did not, wear a lot of makeup. When you go out to the mall and see women that almost look like a geisha because they wear so much makeup, does it drive you crazy? It does me. It can be a beautiful woman, but why so much makeup? But it doesn't end there. Some ladies have to dress up everywhere they go. They can't simply dress down. I like women who can let loose and go to the store in sweats, or run grab coffee without looking like they're going to church. Why can't I find a woman who can go enjoy life without feeling like they have to be always made up?

The truth is, I have many friends (ladies) who are like this. But, how do I tell them that I don't think they need makeup at all to be beautiful, or to lose those extra 10 pounds. I've heard several of these friends lately comment in conversation with other women about how they feel like they need to lose weight. That's the other point I have. I like women who are healthy. Definition: not grossly overweight or never active physically. These women are active and all in shape, at least in my opinion. They are hot! Yes, I said that; they are hot. Why do they need to lose weight. And I did tell them that I though they had reason to feel self-conscious or that they needed to lose the weight. But still, they don't hear what was said. In fact one got a "wow" out of me, something I reserve for only the most attractive women (my opinion here). It just slipped right out, but it was sincere. Guess what she had no makeup on and the hair was not done. When I saw her in her athletic clothes, yeah, just as hot. She needed no weight loss. Ok, I'll stop there with that.

Another lady said she thinks she needs to lose weight. She works out, but it hasn't made any difference in how I see her. Yes, she has lost weight, but you know what I mean. I was already attracted. But she does feel the same as me on the makeup. Thank goodness. She has a great face, among everything else.

So why do many men like makeup and lots of it? I like to see the real person. A little is ok at times. But I mean my goodness, not three pounds. And why do some women have to always be so obsessed with "the workout?" Come one guys. Why do they expect it from a woman.

Ok, it's late I'm tired and not making a big point, but you've read this far. My whole point is:
I want to find a woman who likes to be active (activity partner) whether sports, outdoors, whatever; a woman who doesn't feel she has to put makeup on all the time and never a lot; and a woman not obsessed with always working out to loose ten pounds when I think she looks hot as it is. My whole point. And in addition, guys stop expecting so much from a woman. I mean, look at what you do. Do you shave all the time like she wants (if she does)? Do you work out with her? Do you keep clean like she likes? To you ladies, I'm single, available, clean (except when at work), would work out with you if you want, you don't have to wear makeup, and I will still check you out in your sweats. Then, when we go out to a nice sit down dinner, yeah, look out. I'll bring a sponge! :)

1 comment:

Mellissa said...

Oh I just loved this post - all us girls out there say "thanks"..

I stay pretty natural most of the time, but it sure is a treat sometimes to glam it up. Even when I think I have a lot of makeup on I don't...I think it is just a lot for me.

I love being natural and my man has to love me that way too....all that other stuff takes too much time!!!

Thanks for stopping by the "house" to visit!

xoxo,
Bug